Thursday, May 7, 2009

Swimming running and biking

Tuesday I swam. It was ok and it went pretty fast. The warm up was a 200 and a bunch of drills. The main workout was alternating 400's and speed drills. The total distance was 2500 yards.

Wednesday was a run day so I went outside and ran around Castro Valley for 30 min. I knew I couldn't do a straight 30 min so I decided to do 4 min run, 1 min walk for the first 15 min and then try to run the remaining 15 min. I should have planned my run better because I spent the first 15 min running up a hill (which was hard) and then spent the next 10 min running back down it (which was easy...) The good news is that my shin didn't hurt so I'm hopeful...

Today is exactly 10 days before the race and that means they were supposed to post the final decision about the swimming and the jelly fish. It looks like they are canceling the swimming and making it a run (5k) bike (40k) run (10k) with the orginial 1.5k swim offered the day before as a optional, separate race. Bummer :( but since there is now no swimming I have to decide if I want to run bike run in my running shorts or if I want to wear my slightly padded tri shorts which would make my biking more pleasant but my running a bit hotter.

Today I was supposed to swim, but I decided that I wanted to go for a bike ride instead so I took my bike out to Pleasanton down by Main street and biked along Stanley rd all the way into Livermore. I thought that it was quite far, getting all the way into Livermore and such, but google said it was only 13.2 miles round trip. Dang it...

As far as the butt-covering dilema, I biked today in my running shorts and I didn't like it much. I don't know if it's the saddle or the shorts, so I'm going to bike tomorrow in my tri shorts and make a decision from there.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another 30 min bike ride followed by a 30 min run and I'm really looking foward to it :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment