Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I will not slack on the updates....

... much :)

Monday evening I went back to the gym and did a bunch of lower body strength and conditioning.  I'm still feeling it... It hurts to sneeze, cough and laugh.  I couldn't even ride my horse yesterday because my abs were on fire and I had to half-halt 20 times a second since Roxy had a hot date or something.

Tuesday I swam in the morning.  It was hard to get out up when my alarm went off at 5, but I eventually hauled myself out of bed by 5:15.  I was at the gym and in the pool by 6.  I like going to the pool tuesday mornings because Ironteam is also there and its nice to see other Team in Training people.  I drilled for a bit, maybe 15 min or so and then I started on the main work out which was 2 x 1000m.  I've decided that since I'm doing Boise 70.3, I need to up my workouts to the "advanced" level.  The intermediate would have been 2 x 750m, but I think that when you are swimming those distances, 30 or 40 laps is all the same.  Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Today is a bike day - 60 min for the advanced level... Last night I was thinking that I could easily do it in the morning, like what I was orginally thinking on Monday.  And also like Monday, I had another fight with that "voice"... but this time my will was weaker.  I was feeling really tired all yesterday and so I think that I made the right choice by getting an extra hour of sleep this morning.  And there is always tonight, at home with my super swanky new trainer.  But I am also helping Colby move in tonight out in Foster City, so we will see what time I get home.  And there is always tomorrow night, after Wayne's lectures at Sports Basement.  Usually Thursday's are DVC track work outs, but Coach Wayne decided to hold lectures on Nutrition and other tri stuffs this week.  Apparently an article he wrote just got published in "Triathlon" magazine, or whatever publication USAT puts out.  Maybe I'll try and find that article and link it here...

So I can always try and find an hour tomorrow to spin... All is not lost, but I do need to do it.  I think that the bike is my weakest part, definatly where I could use the most improvement.  Whenever I bike I always feel like I don't have enough power and that I'm forever in the back of the pack.  I need to build up my quads I think and that will really help me.  And thats why I have a trainer :)

Like what you have read so far? Please support my training and help find a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma by donating today.

No comments:

Post a Comment