Tuesday, February 17, 2009

1400+ yards of swimming tonight

Tonight was a swimming night and I am really proud of myself!!! I swam over 1400 yards in under an hour. Thats almost as long as the distance for the triathlon. When I swam on Saturday I was barely tired after doing the beginner workout so I decided that I would do the intermediate one the next time. I was a little hesitant to do the intermediate workout tonight because it included swimming long distances multiple times. My warm up was 4 x 75 yards (80 for me because the pool is only 20 yards long, instead of the standard 25) and then the main work out was 2 x 150 and then a 100 (and then do that whole set again). After that it was a 200 (10 laps!!!) and then I could cool down. Since the pool is only 20 yards long, I broke my 150's into 160 yards the first time and then 140 the second time. I just started swimming and I firgured I would stop when I couldn't swim any more, but I was able to swim the whole distance every time with out stopping, even the 200!!!! So I'm really happy because my endurance is coming up and it's a great feeling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

1 comment: