Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Recovery week swimming

This is the third week of training and it is also recovery week to allow my body to recover from the stresses that have been applied over the last 2 weeks. I don't feel like I have trained all that hard to deserve a recovery week yet and I don't know if that is good or bad.

I went swimming last night but I just wasn't that into it. Usually I'm really excited to swim because it's new and low impact and (can be) easy. But last night I got in the pool and I felt sore and out of shape and tired and I had a headache and my goggles kept fogging up and whine whine whine, etc...

I was supposed to swim 1300 yards but I'm pretty sure I only made it 1000 before I got out of the pool. I did my 100 yard and 4 x 50 yard warm up and then I swam 3 x 150 and then I'm pretty sure I only managed to do 2 x 100 instead of 3 x 100 and I never got to the 3 x 50. Instead of the 4 x 25 cool down focusing on stoke and position, I did 2 - 3 laps of breast stroke. Not a very good night for me :(

Tonight is a mentor run in Alameda, but I'll miss it because I have dinner plans. I plan to do my running during lunch today, let's see if I can actually make it :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment