Saturday, February 14, 2009

Still no biking

Thursday - was supposed to be a swim day, but I took the day off to help my tummy settle. And I got to ride my pony, which was nice

Friday - a run day. I wanted to swim after work to make up for missing it on Thursday and then maybe run afterwards but the pool wasn't open for lap swimming in the evening so I went grudgingly to the gym and ran on the treadmill. The pain in my right shin wasn't there but there it was still there in my left quad which bummed me out.

Saturday - Today was a bike ride led by the team captain and I (Alex really) spent a long time last night putting the bike back together. After getting the tubes and tires back on the wheels and then figuring out how to get the chain on properly all that was left was adusting the brakes, and that's when it was discovered that the rear brake cable was too long. Don't know how it magically grew since it was just fine when I took the bike from my folks place but not having brakes is a problem so I couldn't go on the captain's ride. I really wanted to swim so I went to the pool (and got Alex to come with me :) ) I swam about 900 yards and today was the first day that I could do the entire beginners work out as it was assigned without any additional brakes!! I'm really excited that I'm building my endurance and I think next swim work out I will try the Intermediate one :)

After the pool I went to the barn and got to ride my pony again and that was nice too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment