Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back on track with swimming

I got really sick over the weekend so I couldn't train on Sunday and luckily Monday was my day off because I still wasn't feeling good enough to move. Tuesday was a swimming day and I was feeling well so I decided to give it a try.

I got to the pool after work and I got a lane right away, which is nice. Warm up was an easy 50 yards followed by one lap free style, one lap just kicking times 3, repeated twice. (Confused?) And that was just the warm up. The main work out (at the beginner level!!) was swim 200 yards, rest 20 sec. Swim 150 yards, rest 20 sec. Swim 100 yards, rest 20 sec. Swim 50 yards and then cool down. Holy cow!!! Each lap in a standard pool is 25 yards, but at the pool that I swim at, it's only 20 yards. That's 10 laps to do 200 yards!! And the sad part? I still can't swim more than 80 yards at a time and 100 yards is my max. So I had to break up my work out into smaller chunks with longer rest breaks, but I got it all done!

I'm really hoping to improve my swimming endurance, but man it sure is taking it's sweet time to get here.

Tonight is another coached run at DVC after work. Hopefully it won't be another 2 mile run, but then again, it really wasn't that bad last time :) I just hope it's not raining when we are on the track. I hate being outside in the rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment