Friday, March 27, 2009

Holy cow, it's been over a week since I updated this

So I'm really dropping the ball here, I've been lazy and have not updated my training blog in over a week... (but surprisingly no one has called to tell me this, to tell me that they haven't seen an update in a while and are wondering if I'm still training...)

The last time I updated it was Thursday and I swam.

Friday was a day off as the team (but not me) traveled to Wildflower for training weekend.

Saturday was supposed to be a long swim and bike workout but I had to teach for 6 hours and I never made it to the gym/pool

Sunday was supposed to be a shorter bike ride, but I did Saturday's workout instead. To warm up I swam a bunch of drills for 10 min and then 4 x 400 (it was supposed to be 2 x 800, Coach Paul has a great sense of humor apparently...). I was surprised that I could even do the 400's, they weren't as hard as I thought and each one took me less than 10 min. It was a surprisingly short swim work out. After that, I was supposed to bike for 25 miles and it was a sunny day so I figured that I would bike around outside a bit but it was terribly cold and windy so I went to the gym and did the stationary bike for ~25 miles... (The stupid bike I was on wouldn't tell me the mileage in the workout summary and I forgot to look at it before I finished...)

Monday was a rest day, like always

Tuesday was the start of the second recovery week. Easy workouts this week!! The swimming work out included a 150 and some drills as the warm up. The main work out was 3 x 150, 3 x 100, 3 x 50, and then cool down.

Wednesday was a mentor run (the first one I've ever made it too!!) in Alameda at the Ferry Terminal. The run was easy, 6 x (4 min run, 1 min walk) but running along the shoreline was beautiful. I wish I could live in Alameda, but the only housing available there is college style apartments and mansions.... I would rather move back in with my folks before I ever move back to a college style apartment (and I just might...) and I can't afford to buy, let alone rent a house out there *sigh*

Thursday was another easy swimming day. Warm up was a 100 and then a bunch of drills and the main work out was a 200, a 300, and a 400. That was it. It felt like the shortest swim ever.

Today is a biking day, pretty easy. I'm going to hit the gym when I get off work and then hopefully have some sushi for dinner... That's what I'm really craving, I haven't had any sushi in practically forever :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment