Monday, March 2, 2009

Can you guess what I DIDN'T do?

Biking... yes, biking. Why do I never have the motivation to bike?? Why is biking training always on days that conflict with Tahoe?!? Why? Why? Why?

Friday was a biking day. I thought maybe I will do it in the morning. But I didn't. I have to figure out a way to make bed lass comfortable. So then I thought that I would do it after work, since I wasn't going to Tahoe until Saturday. But I didn't. I went to the neighbors and had delicious home-made pizza (Fred made a yam/sweet potatoe one, OMG so good!!! Sounds weird, tastes amazing!)

Saturday was a run day and I got up, went to the barn to walk my pony (yay!) and then I went for my run (yay!). I need to be better about hydrating myself. When I was doing my last run set, I was just feeling so drained. It's not like I was out there all day either, I guess I just didn't drink enough before hand.

Sunday was supposed to be another long bike day, but we left for Tahoe on Saturday afternoon and were going to snowboard on Sunday. They said it was going to rain (ick!!!!!) but it was cold enough to make it snow. Unfortunatly, it wasn't cold enough to make the snow stick, so once it hit your body, it instantly melted and within an hour, I was soaked. But it didn't really matter because Alpine only had ~5 chairs running, and the visibility was nil on the top of the mountain, and my legs were sore, all of which sucked. Last time I was snowboarding, I felt great all day. But this time, even on the first run, I was hurting and sore. Not cool. We were on the mountain for 5 runs, about an hour and a half and then we called it a day.

Today is my rest day and I think that I need it. Recovery week is over and now we will start more intense training. On Wednesday I have to do my second marker set (run a timed 2 miles). Let's hope I have improved from a month ago!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment