Thursday, March 5, 2009

Marker set last night

Last night was my second market set run at DVC. I managed to run the 2 miles in 18 min 17 sec. That's almost 30 seconds faster than last time! Last time I ran my first mile in 9 min flat and my second mile in 9 min 46 seconds. This time I ran my first mile in 9 min 2 seconds and my second mile in 9 min 15 seconds. So at least I'm sustaining my pace longer.

But it was COLD last night. I mean, really cold. I thought that since it was not raining I would be too hot in the tights so I wore my shorts but that was a bad idea. It was so cold that as I was going around the track, I could practically feel ice crystals forming in my quads. Bleh.

Do you know what else I learned last night? That my biking distance is NOT 12.4 miles... It's 25 miles!!!! Surprise!!! I also learned that I only have an hour to complete the swimming portion or the race before I'm disqualified. So I better start swimming faster :)

Tonight is supposed to be a swimming night but I think that I'm going to go ride my pony instead. I can't even remember the last time I was on a horse, it's been so long since I've ridden last...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Janice! Just keep up the hard work. You're doing great. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete