Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Long distance swimming

Tonight was a swimming night. It felt good to be in the pool, except that the warm up was 2 x 150 yards plus other stuff. The main work out was 2 x 200, some single lap drills, 2 x 150, some more single lap drills, a final 2 x 150 and then a 200 yard cool down. The total distance was 1900 yards and it took me at least an hour and a half, but it was all good :)

My favorite part of the work out is always the cool down, not because it's the easiest thing or becuase it's the end of exerting myself, but becuase I really like doing the breast stroke... It always makes me feel like I'm 'flying' or gliding underwater. It's hard to describe, but it's the best feeling :)

Before I go, have you ever put on a swim cap? It's like putting a condom on your head. Not that I've tried that, but that's what I think every time I put on my swim cap. Just in case you were wondering...

Tomorrow night is my second marker set for running. Wish me luck so I can beat my last time of 18:46. This time it will be raining so I don't know how that will affect me...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment