Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The second half of training has started!

I have officially recommited and I got the second half of the training schedule. Yesterday was supposed to be a swim day and today was an on your own run day but I did them in reverse.

Yesterday I ran. It was a straight 35 min run with no walk breaks. I ate a peanut butter bagel as I was driving over to my parents house and that was the worst idea I've ever had becuase as soon as I got to my folks house, I set off on my run so that I could be done before the sun set. But somewhere around the Wolfe's old house and minute 10, I could start to not only feel the partially digested bagel sloshing around in my belly, but I could hear it. So I only made it to the intersection of Tassajara and Johnston Rd from the bottom of my parents driveway before I had to walk. It was 1.7 miles and it took me less than 16 min and those last 6 min were awful. I got to Tassajara and turned around and walked for 5 min. I managed to run for another 5 min before the bagel sloshing got to me again and then I had to walk most of the rest of the 'run'. My 35 minute run turned out to be only a 22 minute run :( Better luck next time...

Today I went swimming and I swam 2000 yards. Some of it was hard, and some was easy. The 150's were killer, but the 200's weren't so bad which was kind of weird. Maybe it's because the 150's were supposed to be at a level 6 (of exertion on a scale of 1-10) and the 200's were at a level 3. After this last weekend when I had the swim video analysis clinic, I'm more aware of my swimming and my form. I think that the 150's were hard because I was pushing myself and my form was suffering, which makes me less hydrodynamic, which in turn makes me work harder to accomplish less. When I was swimming my 200's at an easy pace, I was better able to control my form which stream lines my body and I get more done for less work.

Tomorrow is a bike and run and Friday I GET MY WET SUIT!!! Yay wet suit party, I'm sure it will be awkward LOL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment