Thursday, March 19, 2009

I swam a 300 tonight

Tonight was a swimming night and the first time I ever managed to swim a 300!! After having such a miserable time on Tuesday I decided to do things a little differently this time. I ate a PB&J sandwich around 4 and I had a power gel (chocolate flavor, not the worst thing I have ever eaten but not the greatest either...) right before I swam and I think that really made a difference. I was also having a 'slow race' with myself whenever it said LVL2 and it must have worked because that's how I was able to swim the entire 300 without stopping. (I basically just tried to swim as slow as possible...)

The warm up was 300 LVL 2, 100 kick, and then 8 sets of drills. The main workout was 2 x 150 LVL3, 100 LVL8, 100 kick, 2 x 150 LVL5, 100 LVL5, 100 kick, 2 x 150 LVL8, 100 LVL2, 100 kick. By the end, I'm sure that my LVL8's had slowed down to my starting LVL5's but whatever. I constantly had to remind myself to swim slower on the easier sets.

Tonight's workout was good and I'm glad that I got it done. I feel pretty good about myself and now I'm tired so I'm going to bed to sleep and recover.

Tomorrow is a rest day and then a bunch of swimming and biking this weekend. I'm not allowed to run for a week in hopes that it will help my shin heal. The team is going down to Wildflower for Training Weekend and I wish I could have gone with them but I have to teach on Saturday and I commited to Pony Club before I signed up for this triathlon. I hope everybody has a really great time, I will miss them (but not swimming in the freezing ocean-water) :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment