Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Big Brick Weekend

But first,

Friday was supposed to be a rest day in preparation for the Big Brick weekend but I read the wrong calendar page and did a 50 min bike ride instead... oops

Saturday was the Big Brick, which basically means that we biked and ran a bunch except I am still not running due to my shin so I didn't think it was all that bad. When I got to the middle school on Tasajarra I took out my bike and I went to go check the air pressure in my tires. My front was a wee bit low so I added some air, but when I went to pull the thing off the valve stem, I pull the whole stem off my inner tube (!!!) which promtly let all the air out of my tire. Luckily for me, I had just bought all my flat tire repair stuffs last weekend but the real pisser was that I left the spare inner tube at home!!! Thankfully Lisa had a spare inner tube so I quickly changed out my tube and pumped it up with a CO2 cartridge and I was on my way.

The Big Brick workout was supposed to be a 15 mile loop on the bike followed by a 15 min run at race pace and then another 15 mile loop and 15 min running at race pace. Since I'm not running, I got to cheat and walk for 15 min in between bike loops. The biking was wonderful, a little hard at times, but mostly really enjoyable. I was focused on not being the slowest person on the bike so I was really booking (as fast as I can possibly go on my crappy slow mountain bike...). Even pedaling as fast as I could in top gear, it still took me 75 min to go 15 miles :( I need to get a road bike.

Sunday was Easter and we were supposed to bike for 50 min as a recovery from the big brick, but I really wasn't feeling all that poorly and so I skipped it. I figured that I would make up for it on Monday (yah right!)

Monday was a rest day. I didn't have any time to bike as I was hanging out with Ally

Today is a swim day. I get to swim 3000 yards and the pool (hopefully) won't be closing early.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment