Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finally back to running:)

I don't like updating by phone, it's too hard :(

On Tuesday I went for a swim and I was hoping to avoid getting a headache by trying various things:

  • different goggles
  • no swim cap
  • alternate breathing sides

And it worked! Even though I started with a slight headache, it luckily didn't get any worse :) Now I have to systematically add back in those elements to try and determine the specific cause. I hope it's not the swim cap because I need to wear one for the race (that's how they identify which "wave" you started in). I tried using the tinted googles that I was saving for race day and I'm glad I tried them before racing in them. I didn't like them much, they feel funny on the bridge of my nose. I'll have to swim in them some more to determine if I really want to wear them on race day (if I swim at all... stupid jelly fish!)

Yesterday was my first day back to running!! Although it wasn't very exciting, I'm glad I can run again. Since the Wildflower race is this weekend, only the Honolulu and Escape althletes had to run the marker set (timed 2 mile run) while the Wildflower athletes listened to Coach Paul talk about race weekend prep. Turns out there was only 4 people at the training yesterday who are not going to Wildflower, including me. I couldn't do the marker set since I don't want to re-injure myself and since I haven't been running in a month (seriously!!) Coach Paul just had me "trot" the long sides of the track and walk the curves. When he said "trot" I kinda laughed because I thought it was only a horse term :)

Today is supposed to be a long 3000 meter/yard (?) swim but I don't think I'll make it to the pool since I have to go pick up the Jetta in Burlingame. Maybe I'll run/bike tonight when I get back (Friday's workout) and swim tomorrow morning. I say that now, but I know that I won't be able to get out of bed in time to swim and then go to work.

I don't know how I'm going to have time on Saturday to bike almost 2 hours and then run 50 min because I have to work. (AGAIN!!!!) Bleh, maybe I can train in the morning and go to work a little later in the day, like around 10 or 11...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment