Monday, April 20, 2009

Stupid work, causing me to slack on training

Thursday - I got to the pool, parked the car, got out and then got back in and went home. I was really tired. I think it was because I worked a lot that day...

Friday - was supposed to be a rest day, but since I didn't do anything the day before, I went for a bike ride. I did the 15 mile loop around Highland road. It was nice, aside from all the bugs that were out :(

Saturday - Open water swim at Lake Del Valle. It was much better than the last time I was there because it was warmer. Much warmer. We swam for ~35 min but it took me ~20 min to get warmed up :( We jumped off the dock into the water and my goggles promptly broke (grumble!!) After I got my goggles back in working order, I tried to get in the rhythm of swimming but I just was having the worst time. I could swim several strokes, but then I had to stop and rest. One of the coaches was swimming with me and he told me that I couldn't do that in the race because I would get run over :( Finally I reached the half way time point and I could turn around and go back. On my way back, I finally fell into my rhythm and I was swimming really good. I was breathing on alternate sides (which was good for my sighting) and I was hyper aware of everything that I was seeing (which made me dizzy when I stopped, not good) but I could swim a long time without stopping and it was great. After the swim was supposed to be the terrible hill bike ride, but (unfortunatly ;) ) I had to go so I could make it to Picnic Day.

Sunday - I had to work. All day (830am - 645pm). And it sucked, I didn't get to do anything but sit around in a room and watch small white tablets go around in circles (which didn't do me any favors for trying to stay awake... We got home from Davis in the AM and I had to be at work at regular time, which means getting up at 630 - 7...)

Today - on the calendar it's a rest day, but since I didn't do anything yesterday, I figured I would either swim or bike or do the elliptical after work, but I didn't get off work until way late. Again... (830 to be precise) So it was too late to go to the pool and I'm way tired.

If I have to work late again tomorrow, I might just kill someone. Seriously. It was hard enough to get up this morning and I don't look forward to getting up tomorrow either

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a donation today to help cure blood cancers and help me meet my fundraising goal at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/honotri09/jlesko

No comments:

Post a Comment